Every woman wants long and healthy hair. We desperately try various shampoos, conditioners and treatments in an effort to prevent hair thinning. However, healthy hair does not start from the outside, it starts from within. There are many ways to stimulate healthy hair growth from within. However, results are slow and minimal. You shouldn't expect to grow twice the volume just by following these steps. What you can expect is a healthier head of hair.
- Eat plenty of protein. Foods such as eggs, poultry and fish are excellent sources of protein.
- Drink lots of milk. Milk contains many nutrients which are essential for hair growth.
- Increase your intake of fruit and vegetables. By consuming fresh produce your body is able to gain essential vitamins and minerals; one of the most important of these is iron.
- When taking a shower do not use extremely hot water. Hot water has a tendency to dry the scalp out and remove essential oils.
- Massage your scalp in order to improve circulation and increase hair growth. Try at least 10 minutes daily.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the body and improves blood circulation.
- Avoid bad habits, such as smoking and alcohol intake. When we drink alcohol our bodies dehydrate greatly and blood circulation slows down.
- Exercise regularly. Aerobic exercise gets your heart rate up and gets blood flowing to every organ in your body, including hair.
As you can see, a healthy diet is an important part of healthy hair. A lifestyle that is rich in fresh produce and exercise is not only beneficial for quick weight loss, but for all aspects of health. So whether you are trying to lose weight or simply improve your overall well being, remember that there are numerous herbal remedies which can help you along the way.